Fan - tastic!

My cards today feature a fan die by Top Dog Dies, which I bought just before they closed their doors last year.  They are still in business operating Accucut I believe - just not their beautiful little dies for card-making.

My first card is for a member of our Ladies Probus Club, who will be turning 90 this year!  Of course, I'm called the 'baby' of this club, as I'm nowhere near that old!  However, when I joined at 60 years of age, a few years ago (lol) I was so impressed by the sprightliness of some of these ladies who were then in their 80s .  As they say, 'it's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years!'  These inspirational ladies are testament to that, and I feel privileged to know them.




A side-opening card but same design - I decided that the side opening worked better with the fan - just an A2 card, but you need a 6" x6" envelope for it to fit comfortably.  This card is also for an elderly friend of mine, but not from the same club.  I am making so many CAS cards these days, that it's a nice change to make 'prettier' cards at times.



Recipe for cards:

Paper:  pattern paper from a 6 x 6 paper pad from my stash (I do collect these small pads, as they are so useful, and I love variety), Silver glitter paper
Dies:  Top Dog Dies:  Isabella Fan, Happy Birthday Banner, Kaisercraft little numbers, MFT rolled rose, Memory Box Gentle Leaf, bow from Creative Die - floral bouquet
Punch:  Stampin' Up! small butterfly

Comments

  1. Two beautiful cards. What an interesting die.

    Your probus ladies sound a little like my library craft connect group. I was the youngest (I was pipped by a 25+ year old) and the eledest is 96. She is truely an amazing lady - walks unaided, no hearing aid or glasses! It is always a pleasure to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are truly so pretty Ann, I especially adore the colours on the fans (especially the second one, it's brilliant) and I just know these cards are going to be cherished!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment - I really appreciate it! Hugs, Ann

Popular posts from this blog

Scrapbook Boutique May Blog Hop and Challenge

Scrapbook Boutique July blog hop and challenge

Scrapbook Boutique April Blog Hop and Challenge