Gesso technique

Today I have a card to show you which I made following a technique in the magazine 'Cardmaking Stamping and Papercraft' Vol 18 No 12.  Jane Clark wrote an article called The Classroom, in which she explained how to create a unique background using Gesso on watercolour paper, then swiping it with a water-based ink.  You then stamp your image, heat emboss it, and colour it.  So here is my card!  I love the soft look, the distressed texture, and the simplicity.


The second card is actually my first attempt at this technique, and because not much of the paper had been left without gesso, the background was too plain.  Consequently, I just die cut my image, which I still liked the look of, and made it into a card with designer paper background - can't let anything go to waste unless it is really spoilt, can you?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Words, words and more words ...

Wonderful News

Something Shiny